This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

MN, SL, SLS vs SL, MN, SLS

Started by Riku Calderón, January 4, 2014 · 10 Replies · 335 Views

Riku Calderón

Stupid thing. But the course material and the MyGB gives different order of these.

 

Which is better or is there a difference?

Bipocni

I like doing the jefferson curls before my arch holds, but after you get past the first couple of progressions that wouldn't be applicable anymore.

 

Take it on a case by case basis as you advance through the program.

Riku Calderón

So there really is no standard? Thats good!

Keilani Gutierrez

not that there isn't a standard, to reitorate Josh Natermans words: "you'll thank yourself later if you do a press(HBP, sPL) after a pull (FL, RC) especially at the later levels."

so in this case, like Bipocni mentioned, do what makes you suited to the days work, at your appropriate level

Jon Douglas

I stick to that order unless i have a reason not to, like if my equipment for 2/3 elements is in one place and one in another.

K-- I finish my F sessions now with RC. Think switching it with hbp would make a difference?

Keilani Gutierrez
Jon Douglas said:

I stick to that order unless i have a reason not to, like if my equipment for 2/3 elements is in one place and one in another.

K-- I finish my F sessions now with RC. Think switching it with hbp would make a difference?

I wouldn't know what to tell ya, I only changed my template from (FL, sPL, HBP, RC) to (FL,sPL,RC,HBP) because of the level I'm at and because it pleases my OCD in the sense that once the time comes to man up and do intense workouts, i'll appreciate having done that. i feel more comfortable doing statics and then with PE's with more movement but I'm not knowledgeable enough to know if it has merit, it's only something i found comfortable after a while, I find I need more energy for statics and doing them warms me up enough for the more movement focused exercises. (my experience thus far, at the level im currently at, which i'm sure will change with time) 

 

 

if anything i should be asking you for advice :P 

Jon Douglas

I agree with the statics first; i like finishing with rope climb SEs for prehab effect after straight am static holds.

My hbp pes are definitely playing second chair to the ims at the moment, and is far behind my RC progress, so i may invalidate the whole experiment with only a moderate press workout. Well, I'll give it a bash this week anyway, can't hurt :)

#famouslastwords

ausswe

I remember there being a topic about the order of exercises previously. Need to look it up but that could be worth a read. Also I think doing RC between spl and hbp would definitely make the hbp a bit easier.

Keilani Gutierrez
Jon Douglas said:

I agree with the statics first; i like finishing with rope climb SEs for prehab effect after straight am static holds.

My hbp pes are definitely playing second chair to the ims at the moment, and is far behind my RC progress, so i may invalidate the whole experiment with only a moderate press workout. Well, I'll give it a bash this week anyway, can't hurt :)

#famouslastwords

since i haven't really been exposed to hearing/having physical conversations with people from GB at seminars discussing material, i don't know if adhering to Coaches choice of placing the Fa elements in that order would have merit and changing them would be detrimental. i just honestly don't know :P

 

at this point, im not quite sure what to believe.

 

kind of like how i subconsciously expect to see a form check of a Kamehameha in my lifetime. #sarcasm

 

edit: I'm just going with the flow and doing what i can do, working out and enjoying myself

Jon Douglas

I can't see it mattering much if at all at this level, really. Don't anyone get hot under the collar from this discussion ^_^

Bipocni

If you look at the F7 programming, there's a huge breakup between the sPL progressions and the HBP progressions, so I don't think it matters too much if you break them up with some RC progressions.

 

And yeah, definitely makes it easier.