This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HBP PE9>iM question

Started by Aaron, January 4, 2014 · 2 Replies · 199 Views

Aaron

Hi, the focus point for this iM indicates that "the back of the shoulder blade' should come firmly into contact with the ground. Does this mean the area by the caracoid process (the knobby upper outer edge, or posterior aspect of the medial deltoid) or does this mean the subscapular fossa (the large flat-ish part)? 

 

It's hard to tell from the video, but it looks like it's the former. And if so, I'm ok.

 

However if it's the latter, I'm pretty far away from being able to perform this correctly, and probably need a remedial stretch.  Can anyone recommend one?

 

(Sorry if I used the anatomy terms incorreclty; I've never formally studied it, and I got the terms by looking at pics on Google images.)

ajlester

I'm not qualified to answer this question, just some clarification for your anatomy.

 

The coracoid process and the subscapular fossa are on the anterior portion of the scapula and the model is lying on the posterior portion of the scapula.

 

From the image, the model is not lying flat on the infraspinous fossa but appears to be resting on the lateral border and the posterior acromion (spine) of the scapula. I can still see the majority of the medial border of the scapula off the ground. Therefore, I believe the answer must be to lay on as much of the infraspinous fossa as possible.

 

Hope that helps.

Aaron
ajlester said:

I'm not qualified to answer this question, just some clarification for your anatomy.

 

The coracoid process and the subscapular fossa are on the anterior portion of the scapula and the model is lying on the posterior portion of the scapula.

 

From the image, the model is not lying flat on the infraspinous fossa but appears to be resting on the lateral border and the posterior acromion (spine) of the scapula. I can still see the majority of the medial border of the scapula off the ground. Therefore, I believe the answer must be to lay on as much of the infraspinous fossa as possible.

 

Hope that helps.

 

Thanks for the correction on the anatomy terminology. I now see that I made some mistakes.

 

It's been a few weeks since I asked this question, and my range of motion in the stretch has improved a bit, but I'm not sure if it's really "enough", whatever "enough" may be. I wonder if it's worth it to repeat another minicycle of this element to improve the range of motion even more, even though the korean dip itself has become very easy: I've easily passed mastery on both this and the undergrip version.