This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Foundation Series + Gym

Started by Foric09, January 3, 2014 · 7 Replies · 417 Views

Foric09

Hi,

 

Im a 17 year old soccer player and have taken interest recently in GST. 

 

Im interested in starting the foundation series but my issue is the fact that I have a gym membership my parents pay for until September 2014 and they refuse to allow me to sell it. 

 

I also just feel stupid doing gst at the gym cause it requires like zero equipment and can all be done in the comfort of my own home. 

 

If you guys have any way i can incorporate Foundations with weight training probably just legs, because upper bodys covered well in foundations.  how would i do it with a 4 day schedule of foundations. 

 

I dont want to wait until September to start foundations and I also intend to purchase handstand one as well so I do not know what do? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I have looked through the forums and my question has been somewhat answered but not really. 

 

Alan Tseng

Have you started Foundation yet?  Because if you dont have any sort of equipment at your house, then the gym definitely helps.  There definitely is equipment in the Foundation series and having a gym around saves you the trouble of figuring out how to improvise for quite a few of the exercises.  The more you advance in the Foundation series, the more equipment you need rather than the other way around.

synchroGENized

Sometimes its nice to workout around other people even if you're not using the same program.  I'd say that F1 is more like getting a class from a personal trainier, it doesn't give you equipment it gives you the set up of a workout

Foric09
Hmms said:

Have you started Foundation yet?  Because if you dont have any sort of equipment at your house, then the gym definitely helps.  There definitely is equipment in the Foundation series and having a gym around saves you the trouble of figuring out how to improvise for quite a few of the exercises.  The more you advance in the Foundation series, the more equipment you need rather than the other way around.

 

 

I have. Im in the second week of it. I recently also ordered some rings and have a pull up bar. Looking through most exercises i can do with basic equipment. my only concern of course is stall bars but my gym obviously doesnt even have those.  Another thing is the fact that all my friends go to the gym and find im easily distracted and end talking to them making a 45 minute workout an hour and fifteen minute workout. Also I would like add I have been weight training on and off specifically for soccer for about 2 years with a mixture of olympic lifting and bodyweight training. Ive really lost interest in it and I have found that working on my flexibility and working on strength this way is something I really enjoy but having this gym memberships makes me feel as if im obligated to go and do what I have done for a while now... 

kimura

Sounds like you know what you want to do. You're not obligated to go to the gym just because you have a membership. Keep the membership and do your GST. If you feel like doing anything else after that, go for it. You might find that you're glad you have that membership.

Adriano Augusto

You'll be fine implementing squats 2/3 times a week is you want to.

 

Also, it's good training at the gym that probably has stall bars and more equipment. 

 

Be creative too and see what you can use for your pourposes.

Keilani Gutierrez
Adriano Flo said:

You'll be fine implementing squats 2/3 times a week is you want to.

 

Also, it's good training at the gym that probably has stall bars and more equipment. 

 

Be creative too and see what you can use for your pourposes.

I want high ceilings, bro. maybe a juice bar too.

Somalie

Foric,

Is this a big globo gym like 24 hr Fitness (ehhh)?