This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Start F2 once all of F1 is mastered?

Started by Brad Mifsud, January 3, 2014 · 7 Replies · 374 Views

Brad Mifsud

Hi guys, sorry if this has been previously answered but do we keep progressing our strengths though the foundation series F2 and onwards if some of our exercises are stuck in F1? Or should we hold back on the last F1 exercise and cycle through it and focus on our weak areas until they are at the end of the F1 course then progress through F2 and so on? At this point I am on the last one or two progressions in F2 on a few exercises but on others I'm still in F1. H1 is lagging well behind thanks to a shoulder dislocate that has just been frustrating me for too long!

Alessandro Mainente

The progression of some elements are stand alone progression. you can move faster on something and stay for more time on other.

Jon Douglas

Currently I am still in F2 for one element, F3 for others, and F4 for a couple. This is nothing to worry about.

Some exercises are either dependent on or assisted by others, particularly FL/RC and sPL/HBP. These can be a bit of a sticking point and just require a little patience :)

Brad Mifsud

Thanks guys. Reading through the prerequisites for the various courses just got me thinking that i should really ensure i bring a few wayward progressions upto speed by concentrating on them. However I'm only one course on. I have started being consistent and my training has really moved forward so just have to stick with that for now and see where it takes me. Fingers crossed that is R1 asap!

ausswe

Dam Jon how long have you been doing foundation and what point did you start at with it? At f4 for some things is crazy. Abh is going to take me a year by itself

Jon Douglas
ausswe said:

Dam Jon how long have you been doing foundation and what point did you start at with it? At f4 for some things is crazy. Abh is going to take me a year by itself

 

Well, the F4 product page says it clocks in around 1-2 years of (correct) GST training; I have been training GST solidly about 2 years now, but it was more fun than productive until F-series came out if I'm honest. I have a deficit on pl especially. So I'm about on schedule if I start counting from then.

 

Look at Daniel, Alex, Josh, Zach etc if you want humbling :) what those guys have done in relatively short amounts of time as adults is staggering. I trawl their past posts for tidbits on a regular basis.

ausswe

It's true there are some people on here that have progressed amazingly but it seems like you are one of them! If there is one thing I've come to realize its all about consistency and being honest with your self about where you are at. Consistency has been my number 1 problem as my life has changed dramatically so many times since the release of foundation and as of janruary 1st 2014 I am finally able to train consistently! Hopefully this time next year ill be making the same kind of strides you have been!

Some very inspirational people on here I must say.

Jon Douglas
ausswe said:

If there is one thing I've come to realize its all about consistency and being honest with your self about where you are at.

This is absolutely the key.