This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Ring strap length in RC PE2

Started by jvenna, January 3, 2014 · 2 Replies · 95 Views

jvenna

Am I just imaging things or does the length of the ring straps/ropes have a huge effect on the difficulty of this excersise? I usually train at a gym where the rings are attached to a 8m high ceiling and I have been having a hard time trying to reach 5x15 reps. This week I was training at home where I have rings that are attached to a 3m high ceiling and I was able to do 5x15 without any problems.

I think that the difference is caused by the angle of the straps. With long straps they are almost vertical and this makes pulling youself forward harder.

How long straps are you using, and is there a rule to what length is required for mastery?

federicoC

Are you sure you positioned yourself in the same way? IMHO feet placement plays a greater role than what you are describing.

jvenna

Yes, my feet placement is the same.