This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WOD - 090320

Started by Coach Sommer, March 20, 2009 · 1 Replies · 1,071 Views

Coach Sommer

WOD%20-%20090320.jpg

Perform:

3 sets of MU - XR L-sit - press shoulder stand - forward roll to shoulder stand - lower to XR straddle L - FL - BL

3x5 360s

Finish with 2x10 Wall Extensions

notes:

1) Complete all 3 sets of the ring strength series prior to beginning the 360s.

2) Add 1-2 additional MU or 1-3 HSPUs after the forward roll to shoulder stand if the above series is too easy.

3) Rest at least 3-5 minutes between ring strength sets.

4) Rest at least 2 minutes between the 360s sets.

5) Progressions for developing the XR shoulder stand are found in the Basic Rings Strength 3 essay.

6) Click for a list of the GB WOD acronyms.

Jason Stein

3x

MU

XR L-sit

press shoulder stand

forward roll to press to shoulder stand

straddle L

half-lay FL

half-lay BL

3x5 360s

Shoulder flex. sequence/2x10 Wall Extensions

Coach---

Today everyone successfully pulled several forward rolls!

Coming out of the shoulderstand seemed to be the crucial learning step to encourage the hips up and over the shoulders.

I tried to kick it up a notch --- but press to HS is not happening ... yet.

Still, very fun.

I completed week 1 of Pavel's Fighter Pull-up program; I was concerned my arms would be cooked, but they weren't, which was a relief. I'll report back when I'm finished to see how much my strict PU max has gone up, because I can tell it WILL go up, just through sheer increased volume.

This was also the completion of Week 2 of Modified PTTP back-squat/deadlift.

jason