This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Wrist stretches

Started by Adam R. Durst, January 2, 2014 · 3 Replies · 288 Views

Adam R. Durst

I'm probably missing something obvious...but

How long do I hold each wrist stretch? I assume I cycle them in order 10x? And hold each one for 10secs?

Do I just relax into them? Or do contract relax sequences (PNF)?

Jon Douglas

I prefer to do them moving than hold them for any length of time during a warmup. Our wrists get so much work with these course that I'm not sure how I feel about hard dedicated stretching on them alongside strength training; I would rather keep very gradually improving ROM over the long term.

Joshua Slocum

Either hold each stretch for 10s, or do 10 pulses in each stretch. 

strme

i doing pulses in warm up and holds after workout..  and plus pulses and holds and pulses and holds aaaaaa.. depence on weather  :)