This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Just saying hi to start.

Started by Adam R. Durst, January 2, 2014 · 8 Replies · 214 Views

Adam R. Durst

Just wanted to say hi to the community.

Started Foundations and Handstand about 2 weeks ago.

Found This program in my search to maximize results prior to an Ido Portal workshop...get the most out of the workshop.

I'm a personal trainer and have some experience as a strength and conditioning/athlete preperation coach.

My journey started in typical "body building" methodology, but over time has evolved and matured through "functional" including crossfit...towards human movement -parkour, movnat, Ido Portal etc.

Gymnastics appears to be one of the most holistic disciplines to enable a human to express amazing movement, full range, and high strength...with minimal risk (when suitably progressed). That is why I'm here.

So...first two week...humbling!

While I'm sure I'll progress quickly because my strength and mobility are good...I have found the exercises enlightening about deficts in my training to date. A worthy investment...but in will find it impossible to give up my other vices, such as kettlebells, oly lifting, functional training, yoga etc.

Biggest highlight was the level of endurance...such as Arch Body Hold...could hold the position with full ROM...but not without shaking.

On that...I've had to learn to relax to a degree...to only use the level of activation nessecary to achieve and hold the position. Planks are a great example of this...you can tense far more then is needed for perfect form.

Anyways...look forward to contributing more as I progress through the program.

El Chino

Welcome Adam!

 

I am not that much further into the program than you and like you and everyone else here, have found it to be enlightening in regards to highlighting the deficits in our previous training.

 

And yes, ABH has probably laid low more egos than any other exercise to beginners to Foundation!

 

Happy training!

Joakim Anderson

Welcome!

Jon Douglas

Welcome aboard :D

Keilani Gutierrez

bienvenido ^_^ #spanish

Jimmy Bellum

welcome  :icon_biggrin:

Jennifer

Welcome to the fold.

Eric Baum

Welcome =]

fazool

Welcome. Enjoy the journey and embrace the process. It is definitely quite humbling, however, in my 16 weeks on the program I have noticed the benefits.