This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

pause while sick, Resume How?

Started by CK BUILD, January 1, 2014 · 2 Replies · 173 Views

CK BUILD

I just finished Deload week, and on the sunday I got wicked gastro. I own a large childcare centre and routinely acquire all the little nasty germs that come with it. I generally stay away and my wife manages a few days a week, but she's been in childcare her whole life so shes immune.

 

So, how would you guys get back into it? Like I said, I finished Deload week of the second mini cycle in PE1 for everything doing 5 days a week F1 and 2 days H1. 

Today being thursday the 4th training day I've missed this week for the 1st week of the 3rd mini cycle, should I start again on the tail end of week 1 of the second mini cycle or just pick up on the thursday of the first week of mini cycle 3.?

 

What would you do? I'm still suffering a bit of discomfort but could probably do something.

 

Cheers

 

Dave

Nacho training

WIthout a proper inmune system your training will be a waste of time. In addition when you have stomach issues a lot of ATP is in the stomach so as to repair the problem that you have, so you won't have the energy in the muscles that you would like to have so as to train well. I think that you should priorize on health, hydratation , eat fruits and veggies, maybe a probiotic, and once your stomach allows you, and once you feel ok start the microcicle again according to your feelings.

ausswe

If I get sick on the first week of a mini cycle I generally will do the last mini cycles rest week and then jump into the new mini cycle the week after but I only do that once I feel better. Also depends on how sick I have been and for how long..... I'd just pick something yourself and see how you feel if it is too much maybe dial it back a bit and if it feels good then keep going.

Just make sure you heal first before continuing training. Don't be afraid to step back a week if you don't feel good.