This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Fingertip push ups if your middle finger is dominantly longer then other fingers

Started by Alhumbraer, December 30, 2013 · 8 Replies · 565 Views

Alhumbraer

When I do this exercise all the weight ends up being on my middle finger unless I bend my finger tips and even still its tough to get any weight on other 3 fingers. What is the solution for the long middle finger ?...  :facepalm:

Keilani Gutierrez

to just practice lifting onto the pads :)

Duff

I have the same problem, my second and ring finger are the same length, but the middle one is a fingernail longer. So when doing fingertip pushups, I just use the second and the middle finger, I dont bother about others. It feel stronger this way.

 

Edit: I tried it now and I actually use all three to begin the movement, but I lose the third along the way, so that it's just the two I mentioned.

Bipocni

I only use my index and middle finger.

Alhumbraer
Bipocni said:

I only use my index and middle finger.

I was thinking of doing the same thing- I can balance the weight between two fingers separated instead of one finger with a bundle of fingers.

MT Nordic

try spreading your fingers apart a little.  it'll allow you to at least get 3 fingers down.  makes the movement much more about the wrist and less about that 1 poor little finger.  

Kasper Stangerup

I find that doing them on a foam mat takes care of that problem.

Joshua Slocum

My middle finger is about 1.5cm longer than my index finger and 1cm longer than my ring finger. When I go up onto my fingertips, they form a sort of 'tripod' with the middle finger a bit in front of the other two. 

Joakim Anderson
Joshua Slocum said:

When I go up onto my fingertips, they form a sort of 'tripod' with the middle finger a bit in front of the other two. 

 

Same here.