Hi all,
Just a very quick and general question: Does anyone here train sprinting and if so have you implemented it with gymnastics with success (paricularly gynastics conditioning)? I understand both sports place a heavy load on the body particularly the CNS and so management of this would have to be carefully planned for. I would love to hear opinions because it may be the case that both cannot be trained together at a high level or any level for that matter. I know coach implements sprints but I am also wondering about the additional aspects such as the strength training, speed endurance, tempo runs etc. Either way sprinting obviously has its place in gymnastics events....just watch the vault for instance.
I am considering getting into sprinting and have been reading material from Charlie Francis, a world renowned sprint coach although contreversial with the whole Ben Johnson situation. Has anyone else read any of his books at all? Coach I remember you saying you have read track and field books so maybe his material is part of your literature?
Just looking to hear some experiences/ ideas with such matters
.
Thanks!