This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

sPL/PE1>IM Swivel Hips not improving after 6 months

Started by Alhumbraer, December 29, 2013 · 5 Replies · 493 Views

Alhumbraer

I have streched my adductors... I have mobile hip flexors and quads. I can not improve on this IM movement whatever I do... 

 

I'm sure others on the forum have had roadblock with this movement. Any advice for improving my mobility in this area ?

 

Thanks !

Keilani Gutierrez

after investing most of my time in mobilizing my quads and hip flexors(which still have some ways to go.) i added a piriformis stretch and it's been slowly giving me the external rotation that I need but im still adjusting to the position to get acquainted with the stretch so i haven't found my sweet spot yet.

also, if i had been sitting in the car or in general a lot that week or day specifically, i'll need to warm up my hips longer not only for this iM but for ABH as well.

MT Nordic

Kelly Starrett has some good stuff in his "supple leopard" book that would be helpful for this as well.  It takes a long time, when starting from scratch, to get this range of motion going.  we live in a fashion that never works our legs in this way.  This iM and the next one, i have kept doing to maintain them because i find it also goes away quickly if you're not doing it regularly.  the weighted stretches ewethestuff put in another thread were quite helpful for me as well.

Richard Hamilton

Keep up the good work that you're doing but add in the piriformis stretches as Keilani mentioned. They should help you free up some internal rotation. It's certainly helped me and there is an end in sight... it'll take a while longer though. Keep at it and you'll get there.

Oh and search YouTube for 'Kit Laughlin piriformis'. You should get a few videos come up, just pick the variation that suits you. I find the one with table assistance easiest to relax into the stretch.

Aadil Siddiqi

I lost mastery on these three weeks ago. Aggressive stretching returned the ROM to me (and DieselCrew's super awesome warm-up).

Xcel
Aadil Siddiqi said:

I lost mastery on these three weeks ago. Aggressive stretching returned the ROM to me (and DieselCrew's super awesome warm-up).

Which thread might I find this in?  Did a search but couldn't narrow it down.