This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HBP Pe15 Body Position

Started by Robmob, December 29, 2013 · 7 Replies · 394 Views

Robmob

Hello everybody, 

Im really enjoying the F series. I was never any good with Box Headstand Pushups because its really akward to get into the proper position. I made two videos could you tell me if the body position is okay or should i try to get a more closer version to what is in the book?

 

http://youtu.be/MUEK_kh_fOQ

 

http://youtu.be/CserAnD8xK8

 

Im aware that you cant see my hands nor am I doing the reps slow enough, i just did them for the video as its incredibly difficult to film and the first 5 sets were useless.

 

Thanks

Andreas

You need something higher to put your feet on.

markp

The line running from your shoulders to your hips should be vertical. Right now your shoulders are quite a bit in front of your hips.

 

As Andreas mentions, you could benefit from something a bit higher to put your feet on, otherwise you need to pike too much during the exercise. This could solve the problem of your hips not being vertically on top of your shoulders.

Robmob

Okay ill try and find something higher to do them on and make another video

Robmob

So yesterday I went for a run and did 200+ pushups (diferent variations) and then i found a perfect place for some Box HeSPU so i whacked out my phone and recorded myself, the reason Im saying this is because the reps are probably not as clean as you guys expect them to be.

http://youtu.be/4StM3C30ukc

The first two reps are not as good as the rest so bare with me.

If its not good enough I can get back there without pushups and do them well. Thanks.

markp

This is definitely better.

 

If you look at the video in the course, the note says that the head should touch just in front of the hands. I think you're now coming down a bit too straight (your head ends up right between your hands).

 

So, if you want to do it like the video: Try to come down with your head a littlebit more forward while keeping your hips on top of your shoulders. I find this is easier than the way you are doing it in the video...

Robmob
markp said:

This is definitely better.

 

If you look at the video in the course, the note says that the head should touch just in front of the hands. I think you're now coming down a bit too straight (your head ends up right between your hands).

 

So, if you want to do it like the video: Try to come down with your head a littlebit more forward while keeping your hips on top of your shoulders. I find this is easier than the way you are doing it in the video...

But is the way Im doing it good for mastery or not? Thats my only concern, because i can already do headstand pushups but i want to do the course step by step (same with rc pe6)

ausswe

The first rep you did looked better where your head was slightly more forward. Slow it down and make sure your head touches the ground during each rep and when you come up look the arms and open the shoulders like you would Ina. Handstand.

I wouldn't call what I saw in that recent video mastery but if you do those small tweaks I'm sure you'll have it