This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

F1 twice a week..?

Started by Bill Clarke, December 29, 2013 · 1 Replies · 135 Views

Bill Clarke

In a couple weeks I will be starting a new semester of college. On top of school I will be working 30-35 hours a week, helping coach a HS track team and doing some lower body lifting (squats, olympic lifts, deadlift).

My job is pretty manual, I will join the track team in some of their workouts for conditioning and those lifts are pretty taxing. All in all, I will be quite busy and probably somewhat tired. So my question is: would I make decent progress only doing H1 and F1 twice a week? I would do all 7 foundation exercises on one day.

In my mind this would work becauce I would get the same amount of work as a 4 day split routine. It would just be more difficult to get good quality work in the last few exercises of the workout.

If it helps, this is what I am on this coming week:

FL: PE2: week 4

sPL: PE2 week 8

HBP: PE2: week 8

RC: PE3: week 4

SL: PE1: week 8

MN: PE1: week 4

SLS: PE2 week 8

Squat: 300lbx3

Deadlift: 350lbx2

Clean/snatch: unknown. Probably pretty weak.

Thoughts on this program/idea?

Flameous

I did it and it certainly works if you can stay with it. I felt it got too taxing (mainly mentally) so I split it. You just have to test and see.