This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WOD - 090319

Started by Coach Sommer, March 19, 2009 · 1 Replies · 1,055 Views

Coach Sommer

WOD%20-%20090319.jpg

Complete four rounds:

10 Circle Front Lever Pulls

One 30 second negative pull-up

5 Negative Back Pulls

notes:

1) The chin must be over the rings or bar at beginning and end of each circle front lever pull for the repetition to count. If circle front lever pulls are too easy for you, increase the intensity by decreasing the speed of the movement.

2) With the chin remaining above the bar, alternate direction at the end of each circle front lever pull repetition.

3) The descent of the single rep negative pull-up requires an unbroken 30 seconds. Struggle to make the descent even. Do not allow the bottom portion of the rep to suddenly drop; keep the motion uniformly even until the elbows reach full and complete extension.

4) Perform the negative back pulls as slowly as possible

sghetti

I forgot to post my results back when I tried this out. This literally gave me one of the best feelings I've had after working out in my life.

The first set of circle front lever pulls was challenging, form deteriorated in subsequent sets. Will focus more on keeping my abs and obliques very tight next time we have this.

The 30 second negative pullups were okay. I think the 5-second one arm negatives are more challenging. Might add weight to this on the last sets.

I did the first set of negative back pulls as a BL. Then did them as half levers and finished with advanced tuck levers. I would reach a certain point and I couldn't hold the tightness in my core. Will try all sets with very tight, controlled half levers.