This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

MN SE1

Started by Leo Trinidad, December 29, 2013 · 9 Replies · 376 Views

Leo Trinidad

since F3 is released, i've compared the half Lsit to the full Lsit video. Is the half Lsit in F2 an advance one or not? (Butt in line with the arms) Because the full Lsit from F3 does not look like an advance Lsit and advance Lsit is definitely harder. Sorry.. but when comparing the videos, i got confused. Thanks in advance. :)

ausswe

Just an l-sit is required for mastery from what I understand but go for the advanced if you want.

Leo Trinidad

is this the same with the half Lsit? did you guys do the advanced Lsit or just the regular?

trw

I imagine that if an advance L-sit were required the notes would say so specifically. I'm not training at that point yet so I don't have personal experience with it, but hip position in an advanced L-sit seems like exactly the kind of thing notes are written to address.

Leo Trinidad

yeah i guess so but in the video of MN SE1, it really looks like its an advance half Lsit thats why i got confused when F3 came out :)

ausswe

I think it is simply because the balance is different. I find it much easier to do an advanced half l-sit than a full one. Letting your bum go back in a full l-sit seems like more of a. Balance thing.

Coach Sommer

You are reading too much into this.  There has never been a mention of an advanced Lsit in the foundation courses.  

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Leo Trinidad
Coach Sommer said:

You are reading too much into this.  There has never been a mention of an advanced Lsit in the foundation courses.  

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Thanks for the clarification Coach.  ^_^ 

I watched the video of MN/SE1 so many times and I just tried to copied it although it doesn't say that it is an advance half Lsit. (it sure looks like it) Thats why I got confused when i compared the video to MN/SE5. My bad!  :facepalm:

Joshua Slocum

In a half L-sit, the glutes won't be as far back as in the regular L-sit simply because the weight of your lower legs is not as far out in front of you. What's important is to make sure your shoulders are depressed and you don't hunch over/let your chest close. 

Leo Trinidad

thanks guys for clearing this up.  :)