This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

mobility issue: sitting indian style

Started by Scott Rosen, December 27, 2013 · 5 Replies · 379 Views

Scott Rosen

Hi all,

 

I'm new to the program and have encounted my first issue: sitting indian style. I find it very uncomfortable and have a hard time leaning forward while pulling the barbell behind my head (like in PE1im of the handstand series). Are there additiional exercises I can do to ease the pain and increase my ROM? Thanks in advance

 

-Scott

Gillham

If suggest stretching ur piriformis. If u have f1 I think hip swivels are good for this too.

Richard Hamilton

Hey Scott, I had the same problem when I started but it's improved a lot. Search the forum for 'Zombie Poster Boy' and check out the thread I started. There are some stretches that will help in there.

I also found it very uncomfortable when I started but if you persevere with the mobility work it improves and you'll start to notice you can actually move again. Like Gillham said, the F1 material will help as well :)

ausswe

Holy Jesus I just tried the floor piriformis stretch. I can do this pe1-Im perfectly fine but doing that stretch just opened up a whole new world for me! Couldn't even get half way through the position before feeling a super intense stretch.... Something. We to work on thanks for the link jimmy

Tarjei

Wow, I been having same problem without realizing or knowing how to fix it. This is amazing, my legs feel newborn after an hour of that stretch and some pain time on the foam roller. So you win my first post. Thanks, and happy gymnastic new year  :)