This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Form Check! PPP

Started by Agile, December 27, 2013 · 6 Replies · 306 Views

Guest

Looks awesome! Something I would suggest is doing them with your feet against a wall. This allows your lean to stay the same throughout, unless you move your hands or pike, therefore making it more effective. Great job.

Adriano Augusto

Try to keep the hollow on your upper back on top of the movement, same as planche leans, because your back is flat when you push up.

 

Besides this, looks really, really good. Congrats! ;) Nice music too.

B1214N

I see some slight piking at the hips, but it's pretty good overall.

 

Awarenesss said:

Looks awesome! Something I would suggest is doing them with your feet against a wall. This allows your lean to stay the same throughout, unless you move your hands or pike, therefore making it more effective. Great job.

This is actually incorrect. Having the feet kept stationary throughout will make you lean more as you lower. Think of lifting a plank up and down while one end is stuck to the floor (no sliding).

Agile
Zach Armijo said:

For those that know, feet against the wall can help you lean more as you lower. For those that don't, it helps them from traveling backward on the upward push, maintaining their lean. But in my opinion....those that know....shouldn't have feet against the wall in the first place :P

huh?  So feet against wall or not?  I think I'm in the those that don't know group.

B1214N
Zach Armijo said:

For those that know, feet against the wall can help you lean more as you lower. For those that don't, it helps them from traveling backward on the upward push, maintaining their lean. But in my opinion....those that know....shouldn't have feet against the wall in the first place :P

You mean losing your degree of lean when pushing up when your feet can't slide backwards.

Alan Tseng

I'm just wondering, but it kinda looks like you're moving your head to the left at the bottom.  Not sure if it's the camera angle or not