Hi all.
A year back I started to have pain in my shoulder, first only during the night and then during the day also. I had not injured it in any way that I could remember. Anyway after about 6 months of going to different doctors and physiotherapists they finally took an MRI and found a tear in the posterior part of the labrum (left shoulder). The orthopedist said that it was probably caused by some repeated pushing since I couldn't recall a specific trauma. I trained a lot of handstands last fall and I think that's what caused the injury.
The shoulder was operated in August and now I'm slowly getting back to training. It's just that I'm scared to start handstand training again because I'm afraid that I will injure the shoulder again. Based on this very superficial description does anyone have any idea what might have caused the injury? Something wrong with my technique maybe or some too weak muscles? Any ideas? The orthopedist wasn't exactly a specialist on handstands so I couldn't ask him.
Here's a clip where I do a handstand in the beginning, if it's of any help:
Any help is very much appreciated. ![]()