This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Question on Starting Foundation 1

Started by Seon hoo Kim, December 26, 2013 · 2 Replies · 162 Views

Seon hoo Kim

Hi, I've just bought Foundation 1 and going to start exercising.

 

But, I have one question about selecting the degree of the exercise.

 

I've already understood that I should try each of the exercise of the F1 from the beginning and check I can do it for the mastery standard.

 

But, if I found what I can't satisfy the mastery standard, do I have to start the exercise from the training template Week 1? though I can carry out it nearly close to the mastery standard?

 

How about starting the exercise from the point of 50% of my maximum record?

I'm afraid that otherwise would be too time consuming and not hard enough to activate my body for developing.

 

I also doubt that this forum page is right to access my coach on web.

 

 

Cause' my English is short, I need some help. :(

 

 

Thanks.

Ravn

Hi, and welcome.

I believe this has been answered many times before, so try to use the search function.

If you are close to mastery, start at week 9 in the cycle. If you are not quite there, but can still do a decent amount of repetitions with good form, start at week 5. If the exercise is very hard for you, and you cannot complete many repetitions or have bad form, start at week 1.

Jimmy Bellum
Seon hoo Kim said:

 

I've already understood that I should try each of the exercise of the F1 from the beginning and check I can do it for the mastery standard.

 

But, if I found what I can't satisfy the mastery standard, do I have to start the exercise from the training template Week 1? though I can carry out it nearly close to the mastery standard?

 

 

Welcome.

Test your performance on all elements. 

If you haven't mastered an element, you do not necessarily have to start from Week 1. There are micro-cycles you can do, that start in Week 1, Week 5 and Week 9. Start in any of these weeks according to your performance on the element. Just make sure to keep the deload weeks in sync.

Also, for the elements that you have mastered, be critical on them; eleminate shaking and video yourself to judge your form & tempo of the PE but also the intergrated Mobility. If you can't show mastery of the iM, you can't move on to the next PE yet.