This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Formcheck / Becoming A Saiyan

Started by PhilTaylor, December 25, 2013 · 8 Replies · 413 Views

PhilTaylor

Hi,

 

with the new year I want to train more focused and more consistent. This will not only mean that I will turn my TV off during my workout, but also going for better habits and so on...

I just want to know if I´m doing okay at the moment, so I can be sure that I will continue my road from a solid base.

Any critic is welcome ! :)

 

 

Push Ups: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVzHBE4WTI4

 

Planche Lean: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2anAx2MeXo

 

V-Up: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKUsKVltcvs

 

ABH: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgHYADS-dlI

 

BHBR: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luIOobqtC7c

 

Thanks for your help in advance! :)

Phil

Guest

PUs: Nice! You seem to arch your back a tad at the bottom, see if you can keep it hollow throughout.

 

PLL: Good! Consider putting your hands directly out to the sides, this will make it a bit harder.

 

V ups: Although the course video shows him coming up front then back, Coach said both feet and torso should rise at the same time. Try to make it a bit less explosive and if you want, hold it a tad at the top for extra compression work.

 

ABH: Looks good to me. Just make sure your thighs are off the ground and your feet are together.

 

bHBR: Rock a little bit more.

thecolin

With the rocks I think you should bend at the waist a bit less and move your feet further out. Your legs should form a more or less a right triangle with the ground. At the same time try and stay a little more flat to the ground, I think you come up too much with the second half of the movement, almost as if you were doing a sit up. Try and think about it more like a crunch without bending too much in the middle.

 

On the V-ups it looks like you are reaching past your legs, when you really want to be reaching up as high as possible to improve compression while keeping your chest high. Think about trying to touch your toes like a sitting hamstring stretch.

 

On the leans it looks like you're rounding mostly in the middle of your back. You should try and focus the tension higher near the shoulders.

Murray Truelove

All looking good! +1 to what TheColin and Awarenesss have said.

 

On a side note, it was settled in another thread that graduates will be called Sparkle Bears not Saiyans.

federicoC

I think you HBR are similar to what I was doing in first place. In fact, you move because you are not rocking correctly. I'd say you should try to come way lower at each rep.

PhilTaylor

Thanks for all the advice! :)

 

 

PUs: Nice! You seem to arch your back a tad at the bottom, see if you can keep it hollow throughout.

My lower back is a bit arched naturally the doc said. Maybe I should see if I can get rid of that.

Maybe this will help with any Rock exercise too.

 

V-Ups: Okay I will try to reach up to my toes not past my legs.

 

Planche Leans: Next time I will put my hands facing to the side and try to round more in the upper back.

 

BHBR: Maybe I will go back to PE/1 and strive for better form.

Should I rock more now or is the range of motion okay and I just need to fix my form?

Also one thing I noticed is that I don´t stay in position. I always trun to my left, while rocking. Is this a problem or okay ?

 

Thanks again for all the input! :)

 

 

On a side note, it was settled in another thread that graduates will be called Sparkle Bears not Saiyans.

Can I change the title of the thread? ;)

 

wheezer

Aww I love saiyans :(

Jon Douglas
Murray Truelove said:

All looking good! +1 to what TheColin and Awarenesss have said.

 

On a side note, it was settled in another thread that graduates will be called Sparkle Bears not Saiyans.

That **** is going to come back to haunt us all. There is no way Cory forgets that, no matter how long it takes us to get through >.<

 

 

 

 

I won't forget it either, CHRISTIAN >: (

thecolin
Jon Douglas said:

That **** is going to come back to haunt us all.

 

Wait, that isn't official yet? How the heck am I going to get this "Aspiring Sparkle Bear" tattoo off my chest now?!?  :wacko: