This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Starting New Element

Started by Masood_hasan26, December 25, 2013 · 3 Replies · 124 Views

Masood_hasan26

Hi I am nearing completion of my 1st 12 week cycle on both F1 and H1. I started from the very first element for each exercise. I have to admit that weeks 9 onwards were quite tough because of the increased reps, time.

However as I look ahead at the second element of each exercise , I am anticipating that the first 4 weeks might not be very strenuous at all. Should I still start elements 2 from week 1 or can I start at week 5 instead?

Thanks

40 yr old newbie

Jennifer

Welcome to foundation and the forums!

 

Have you read this thread through?    I think your questions will be answered there.  

 

In short, you can start at Week1, Week 5  or Week 9 for any particular element.   Keep all deload weeks in sync.

Keilani Gutierrez

you can decide to start using this simple principle(test for mastery, see where you are in terms of mastery, gauge when to start based on numbers.)

I did 15, 15, 13, 12, 8 for incline pushups and had to take a breather on the fourth and fifth set. so based on that, you look at the mastery templates and see what would accomodate a 53 rep workout(because mastery is 75reps, with no rest.)

so since I bottomed out at 53reps, i started at week 5(4x6 = 24 and at the end of the third week it's 5x9=45)because even doing week 9(and with no rest? damn.) was difficult.

that's the criteria i've been following(it's in the course and a moderator was kind enough to elaborate.) perhaps that can assist you

Masood_hasan26

KeilaniG thank you, exactly answered my question. Cheers