This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

my little sPL se1 iM (BA sPL)

Started by VegVeg, December 24, 2013 · 5 Replies · 370 Views

VegVeg

After feeling really cool using all these weird alien looking words in the title, I'd like to kindly ask you fellow practitioners of the Foundation series to tell me if I am doing it right :P

 

 

 

 

One thing I am aware of is that my entrance wasn't quite right but I had no time to vid another one ;c

 

 

Many thanks comrades .

Daniel Burnham

It looks to me like you are sinking through the shoulders the whole time. Try to keep protraction as good as you can.

This is a difficult position. I struggled with this even after having a straddle planche. Keep of the work and try to stay steady throughout the entirety of the hold.

markp

For those who have difficulties doing this exercise, I first started doing it while keeping my knees on the floor, just like in the drawing below and built up to 5x20 second holds.

 

2uqyupw.png

 

(Think about a PPP position at the bottom but with your knees on the floor)

 

When I reached 5x20 seconds, I moved my body a few cm/inches forward and started balancing. I was immediately able to do 5x3 second holds with my knees off the floor and started building up from there. I feel that strength builds up quickly in that position.

LateStarter@46

I like that tip markp, thank you.

 

I have been trying to get into position using two benches - my hands, thighs and shoulders are on the benches with the rest of my body over the gap then I try to press up a few cms into position. Not moving up off the benches much just yet, but feel that it will come. Can certainly feel the shoulders working hard doing it this way.

Christian

At the seminar we practiced being in the bottom position of a PPP and holding it. Then while staying at the bottom, lean more and more forward till you feel your feet start to lift (or in my case, faceplant).

LateStarter@46

Many thanks for sharing that Christian  :)