This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Side Planks...

Started by NoHiddenCosts, December 23, 2013 · 7 Replies · 486 Views

NoHiddenCosts

I remember seeing a thread somewhere about the surprise of not having seen reverse planks or side planks anywhere in F1. Then somebody said that since they weren't in the early part of the series, they probably would not be featured in Foundation.

 

Then F3 came out. Anyone checked out SL/PE15?

 

I'm honestly quite confused how it made it past ABH.

Coach Sommer

No confusion. Lower back work is addressed before oblique work.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

NoHiddenCosts

Then I suppose I'm confused how it made it past several other oblique-targeting exercises, but in honesty I have no desire to question it. I still have 14 more elements to worry about first. 

 

Whatever helps me achieve that Side Lever.

Bro'

Don't worry, it may seem easy now (also looks easier than PE11 or 12), but by the time we get there, someone will have found some crazy detail about toe position and the influence of the colour of your hair that will make the exercice so much harder than what we used to do with it.  :lol:

Cole Dano

The Foundation Course is not purely linear, think more in terms of movement groups which build on each other.

NoHiddenCosts
Cole Dano said:

The Foundation Course is not purely linear, think more in terms of movement groups which build on each other.

Mmm, although it took me a bit to realize, I figured this is the reasoning for elements like MN/PE4 and sPL/SE1, which, while seeming much easier than their preceding elements, are much more reminiscent of the succeeding elements.

kimura
Bro said:

Don't worry, it may seem easy now (also looks easier than PE11 or 12), but by the time we get there, someone will have found some crazy detail about toe position and the influence of the colour of your hair that will make the exercice so much harder than what we used to do with it. :lol:

Hahaha, so true.

Alan Tseng
NoHiddenCosts said:

Then I suppose I'm confused how it made it past several other oblique-targeting exercises, but in honesty I have no desire to question it. I still have 14 more elements to worry about first. 

 

Whatever helps me achieve that Side Lever.

Obliques have multiple purposes, waist rotation and lateral stability.  Side Lever PE8-10 is for waist rotation while Side Lever PE11-15 targets lateral stability