This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Deload week

Started by Bro', December 22, 2013 · 5 Replies · 195 Views

Bro'

Didn't really find an answer to this simple question.

 

Tomorrow my deload week should start, however, the following week, I won't be able to train at all. So what should I do? Is it better to do another week of regular training and then rest completely on the second week or is it better to do a regular deload week and rest completely the next week?

VegVeg

There is not a "correct" answer for this ,in my opinion, I think that many times we are over thinking our training.

 

 

If I were you, assuming your deload is a true deload and an easy one I'd workout pretty hard movements this week for fun,keeping volume low volume but high intensity (not insane intensity) , you know, having some 'ego' workouts for the motivation and amusement . :)

 

 

On the other hand, if you want to play it safe just rest,it all depends on how you feel...

Keilani Gutierrez

deload as planned and resume your training (with a warm up deload week or at a volume that helps you get back into gear)

wheezer
VegVeg said:

There is not a "correct" answer for this.

 

I agree. There are many factors, and it's about what is best for you. (It's similar to the fact there is no universally correct number of days per week to train).

 

I'm in a similar situation. I normally do 6 days/week, and I figured with Christmas coming this week I am probably going to miss a couple of days. So I pushed my deload back to this week; putting myself through four consecutive weeks of hard training. I have really felt the extra week - exhausted - but am looking forward to this week's deload and a couple of days off completely.

 

It's so good to be conscious of this stuff! This time last year I would just train hard every week and wonder why I felt fatigued all the time. One week half for every three weeks on is a beautiful thing.

Bro'

Yes, I was thinking that there would be no definite answer for this but having a few opinions certainly helps. I'll think about it some more and I'll see if I go for deload week or not during my first set of sPL/PE3. More shaking than usual past the 30s mark might be a good indicator that I need this deload.

Alan Tseng

i think it would be good to deload this week, and then after your week break, come back and repeat the same deload week