This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Form check FL/PE4

Started by Jacqui Collins, December 22, 2013 · 10 Replies · 249 Views

Jacqui Collins

IMG_2432.MOV

 

Can people check my form on the straddle rock please? I often feel slow in the movement.

Jacqui Collins

ttp://youtu.be/-DLfdxl1N8E

I'm hoping this link works ... My dog has a starring role in this video :)

VegVeg

Can't watch vid here but HBR's are very slow for me too.

 

Tight butt,not rolling too high and keeping it a roll and not a fall, as long as these are met it is fine AFAIK

Jacqui Collins
gohei_

Haha I love the dog, mine likes to get in the way whenever I workout as well  :P

VegVeg

Lol'd at dog.

 

I am no coach but I think these were a bit too high and sometimes bumpy.

 

Starting the rocks from a perfect hold and comparing my feet height to some object near them helped me a lot.

Also focusing on correct breathing helped.

MT Nordic

They look quite good to me, just a few things to clean up.  As you fatigued, you started to lose your hollow body position and the rock was less smooth.  I'd also try to not crane the head so much, try to keep it more neutral.  Excellent job, though, you're almost there.

MT Nordic

I, too, loved the dog...definitely laughed out loud.  I'm impressed you kept a straight face!

LateStarter@46

How did you manage to take your dog to the gym?!

As MT Nordic says and though I'm not sure from the video if you do - make sure your arms and hands are away from your body and not assisting.

Jacqui Collins

Hahaha ... That's not a gym ... That's my garage!!

Selby (the dog) normally sits on the end of the mat ... But this day he wanted to be in the video

Jon Douglas
Jacqui Collins said:

Hahaha ... That's not a gym ... That's my garage!!

Selby (the dog) normally sits on the end of the mat ... But this day he wanted to be in the video

Like the supersnoop spacedog? :D