Complex's

Started by PrimalMove, December 19, 2013 · 3 Replies · 2,247 Views

PrimalMove

I'm a little new to bodyweight training, 3 months now, and curious as to if movement chains like pull ups, to a muscle up, dips, controlled lowering into skin the cat and roll out would be about the same as like barbell or kettlebell complexes?

Daniel Burnham

These types of routines are hugely beneficial AFTER YOU MASTER THE EXERCISES. This is basically the long term goal. You won't do these everyday but will often do this type of thing for strength training. Many of the wods here included these. However people were unable to progress doing them because they had no foundation strength. Thus foundation was born.

So yes eventually these routines are awesome. But not before you collect the tools needed to make them productive.

Bipocni

Basically a rings or P-bars routine then?  I think Coach put some beginners rings routines on the youtube channel.  I wouldn't even think about attempting them until you've finished F4.  But yeah, gymnasts do this sort of thing all the time.

PrimalMove

I was just curious as to if they were pretty much the same. I know where I stand in my bodyweight strength training, so if I did anything of the nature, it would be mostly push ups, dips, and tucked l sits on parallettes.

Thank you both for the reply.