As part of the upcoming new course layout, there will be a community wall page for your best Handstand-related pictures. This will be ongoing, so there is no rush on submitting these. Only requirements are to be tasteful and demonstrate good form.
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Show Us Your Best Handstand Pictures!
Started by Cory Fair, December 19, 2013 · 29 Replies · 1,837 Views
you need High resolution?
alex87 said:you need High resolution?
Nope, the resolution most phones capture at nowadays is plenty.
Dislocations elements pics are allowed? ![]()
yes, these will be shown within the course
horsing around with Handstand WallRuns after a round of dislocates as a cool down for my F1+H1 workout. was actually pleased that my elbows were so straight, I think I was doing them for around 10 reps? they felt intense! 30-60rep mastery will be super fun and must give ya pythons on your upper back.
also decided to try out my chinese handstand using my door frame as a spot. pic looks kinda funny too.
this one was from learning how to press with my fingers to keep me in balance. kind of hard to focus on that without having mastered proper body tension, but these give me a great feeling in the shoulders after having pressed down for 20-30secs.
after beginning the process of bumping up the weight in the iM's, I'm starting to see more muscles around my scaps and along my back(at least, for what im used to.)![]()
how do you find your handstands on the paralletes vs the floor?alex87 said:i taken it during my light session.
probably not my best hollow, but it's quite open.
CT_1_jpg.jpg
on the paralletes defintely easier, both balance and hollow position. there is a certain level of pulling your body far from the bars that makes the hollow easier . on the floor i need to use another mental tool.
When you reach the "palms-balance" you can easily balance on the pbars without grab them. so only in that case the different is very very small.
thanks for that insight ![]()
RJS said:
The pictures aren't showing up for me.

Not exactly H1 material, but I love doing this balance. Scares a few tourists though


Form isn't great because of ice boots and slippy ice

This one fails both the good form and tasteful
Waiting for a geyser to go off is a real test of handstand endurance
[off topic, apologies, but I've got to ask]
thecolin, why the framed hammer?
LateStarter@46 said:[off topic, apologies, but I've got to ask]
thecolin, why the framed hammer?
It's part of a series done by a friend of mine. It's a bit hard to see from the picture, but it's not a normal hammer.
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/08/11/garden/roy-mackeys-hammer-art.html
I used to run a cafe/live in an artist only residence and I picked up a lot of cool swag when I was there. I paid for the hammer largely with sandwiches. ![]()
Great photos, guys. Keep 'em coming. ![]()
Yours in Fitness,
Coach Sommer
thecolin said:The pictures aren't showing up for me.
Hmmmm, can only Keilani see them?
nice use of your jedi mind powersRJS said:Hmmmm, can only Keilani see them?
btw....NICE ink, man. #highfive
edit: i just saw that i liked your post...so...basic powers of deduction fail by my part ![]()
RJS said:Hmmmm, can only Keilani see them?
Do you have it set that only friends can see pictures in your gallery maybe (is that even an optional setting)?
Can anyone else see the pictures?
thecolin said:Do you have it set that only friends can see pictures in your gallery maybe (is that even an optional setting)?
i don't think i have a setting like that, the pics are just normal attachments in this thread as well. i guess, i think, i hope anyways. Maybe Cory could clear this up
Some of my best pic HS :
Forest HS:

Mountain HS: (2700m)