Can a bodybuilder be a gymnast?

Started by Bipocni, December 19, 2013 · 17 Replies · 6,826 Views

Bipocni

Terrible form and for all I know he didn't hold it, but I like this photo. 

 

OEKDnVAHCHZnOPcRKZbZXTDjwglwhHNquzwR-610

Rob Kowalski

He's been working with the Strength Project guys for the last year or so, so I'm sure he can hold it.  

DiTi

he looks like a giant bear

Ravn

Aesthetic or not, that is an insane physique...

Jon Douglas

Not really my thing, but impressive from a big guy just to get up there.

Anyone have his height/weight?

B1214N

He's called Kali Muscle and he can hold the human flag and also do MUs on a bar. I'm pretty sure his physique is enhanced with steroids though.

NoHiddenCosts

You mean you are absolutely sure his physique is enhanced with steroids, right?

Jon Douglas
B1214N said:

He's called Kali Muscle and he can hold the human flag and also do MUs on a bar. I'm pretty sure his physique is enhanced with steroids though.

No prizes for that guess :P

crashnburn
NoHiddenCosts said:

You mean you are absolutely sure his physique is enhanced with steroids, right?

Is that a give away? I have no idea but what would be the best (large/ huge) non steroid body one could build that would not be such a give away? (pictures?)

Samui
NoHiddenCosts said:

You mean you are absolutely sure his physique is enhanced with steroids, right?

Kali muscle says he is natural and is only this big because he eats lots of tuna. Hence there is absolutely no chance he is juicing.

Ravn
Samui said:

Kali muscle says he is natural and is only this big because he eats lots of tuna. Hence there is absolutely no chance he is juicing.

Oh wow, sounds legit. Will immediately begin hoarding tuna.

Bro'

But can he know for sure that the tuna he eats is not on steroids?  :P

Jon Douglas
Bro said:

But can he know for sure that the tuna he eats is not on steroids?  :P

Signs point to noooooo...

Jon Douglas

I mean ok, fair play to him, he's clearly put in a load of work to build a huge physique. Steroids gave him an edge but they didn't do the work for him, and that is many years of hard work right there. That's a big achievement, no question.

 

But bodybuilding and that kind of size pursuit is just not my thing, so it's hard for me to be impressed beyond 'Hey, it's nice to see a big guy who isn't 100% muscle bound.'

Bipocni
Jon Douglas said:

Anyone have his height/weight?

Not sure about height, but he's 260 lbs.

Bipocni
crashnburn said:

Is that a give away? I have no idea but what would be the best (large/ huge) non steroid body one could build that would not be such a give away? (pictures?)

Look at guys like John Grimek or Eugene Sandow.  They did their training back in the days before steroids were invented, so that should give you a pretty good idea.  Obviously I'm not discrediting modern training techniques (I don't think either of those guys even bench pressed) but there's a noticeable difference in their type of physique compared to that above. 

The Wykydtron

Kali Muscle, he's the guy in the Geico commercial where they say "happier than a bodybuilder directing traffic".

 

He also has a video on youtube doing muscleups, where it cuts out halfway through but he insists they were non-stop reps  :facepalm:

 

 

 

Impressive for his size though

Bro'

See what am sayin'?