This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SLS Negative

Started by all2prodigal, December 19, 2013 · 6 Replies · 156 Views

all2prodigal

I don't think my question posted. I apologize if it did. Clarification- on a SLS negative, the eccentric phase is a 10 second lower per repetition? Thanks all!

Bipocni
all2prodigal said:

I don't think my question posted. I apologize if it did. Clarification- on a SLS negative, the eccentric phase is a 10 second lower per repetition? Thanks all!

Yep.  If you worked your way through F1, you should already know this.

all2prodigal
Bipocni said:

Yep.  If you worked your way through F1, you should already know this.

How so? The last SLS progression in Foundation I is Hawaiian Squat for reps. I just started training gymnastics strength after meeting Coach Sommer in Miami last weekend. I've been testing every mastery skill + mobility and this is where I'm starting for this particular element, even though I can do a perfect SLS, but for 8-10 reps (the last few being VERY difficult!). Just wanted clarification in case I missed something in F1 concerning elements. Thanks for the response...

Bipocni

Oh, it comes up in the HBP progressions.  Didn't mean anything by it, it's just I saw you only had a couple posts and I was worried you'd skipped ahead of F1 completely.

all2prodigal

Lol, no offense taken, I promise. I just wanted to make sure I didn't skip over anything. In my excitement, I wouldn't be surprised if I skipped over a detail. Tone doesn't translate well in written form sometimes. Thanks!

Bipocni

No problem.  I'm still in awe of people that can hit the mastery for SLS/PE2>iM first time.

Keilani Gutierrez
Bipocni said:

No problem. I'm still in awe of people that can hit the mastery for SLS/PE2>iM first time.

i did ^_^

PE needs work though(tight in the ham)