This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

A confused newbie

Started by SamT, December 19, 2013 · 5 Replies · 299 Views

SamT

Hi, I have just started H1 and really looking forward to seeing how far I can get. As a complete beginner I am currently on Wk 1 PE1 and thinking about how I progress. I must admit to being a bit muddled by all of the information and frankly it just feels like another language so I would love some clarity so I can be confident that I am moving forward in the right way.

 

Firstly, am I correct in thinking that starting on PE1, I need to follow the 5 repetition 12 week mastery template and then move on to PE2 (assuming that I manage to successfully complete every week)?

 

In terms of timescale, with 4 PE stages and 4 SE stages does this equate to 96 weeks (if every week were completed successfully)? I do understand the importance of re-doing weeks where the skills are not yet sound.

 

Do I need to have achieved mastery across all the PE1 skills before beginning PE2?

 

I think that is it, any wisdom gratefully received.

 

Sam

Eric Cohen

The first workout for each element is typically the mastery week (Week 11 actually, Week 12 is usually recovery).  This will give you an idea upon your physical abilities and you can scale it to Week 1, Week 5, or Week 9 according to how many sets of mastery you were able to finish.  If you can completely mastery soundly with perfect form on the iM as well, you may move to the next progression in your next workout and test for the same.

 

Don't worry about the length of time it takes to complete mastery for all the elements.  Everyone is built differently.  Try to maintain focus on what your abilities are now, and progress upon that.

 

If you can pass mastery of one element, you do not have to wait till all elements are mastered to move on to the next progression.  It's common for many people to lag behind on fingertip pushups, but master WP, WR, and FKP. 

Jon Douglas

For H1 you basically have 5 different streams-- WR, FTP, FKP, WR and HS. Progress each stream individually as appropriate :)

Bipocni
Jon Douglas said:

For H1 you basically have 5 different streams-- WR, FTP, FKP, WR and HS. Progress each stream individually as appropriate :)

Actually, personally, I started at week 1 for all the wrist prep and I progress them all simultaneously.  I didn't want to take any chances with direct tendon work...

Jon Douglas
Bipocni said:

Actually, personally, I started at week 1 for all the wrist prep and I progress them all simultaneously.  I didn't want to take any chances with direct tendon work...

 

Jon Douglas said:

 as appropriate :)

;)

SamT

Thank you for taking the time to reply to my Noddy questions (that just a British allusion?). Feel I understand progression better now and looking forward to the day that the forum posts make more sense to me :-)

Sam