After struggling to master V-Ups I found PE4 fairly easy, and went for mastery on first attempt. I was surprised to find them easy, is this common? Unless of course my form is incorrect, so any feedback appreciated. Thanks!
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Agile, December 18, 2013 · 9 Replies · 243 Views
After struggling to master V-Ups I found PE4 fairly easy, and went for mastery on first attempt. I was surprised to find them easy, is this common? Unless of course my form is incorrect, so any feedback appreciated. Thanks!
Looks good from my end, how is the iM feeling?
I'm only chiming in to make sure that pipe is load bearing...and if not, keep filming for us
.
I wish I had a pipe like that instead of the square-section metal beam I'm currently using!
(looking goog btw!
)
TANSTAAFL said:I'm only chiming in to make sure that pipe is load bearing...and if not, keep filming for us
.
It isn't load bearing so its only a matter of time. Extra incentive to master hanging elements asap....
KeilaniG said:Looks good from my end, how is the iM feeling?
Jefferson curls and their variations often cause my back to spasm unless I use a very low weight (4-10kg), and even then it is uncomfortable in a way that doesn't feel like a healthy way. I'm seeing physiotherapy to try figure out the weakness that causes this and similar problems.
It isn't an exercise that most physiotherapists recommend so its hard to get sympathy. I'm hoping ABH will strengthen my back and help, but in the mean time I'm relatively flexible in forward bending so the mobility isn't holding me back...
Still, any advice appreciated.
Amir Giles said:Jefferson curls and their variations often cause my back to spasm unless I use a very low weight (4-10kg), and even then it is uncomfortable in a way that doesn't feel like a healthy way. I'm seeing physiotherapy to try figure out the weakness that causes this and similar problems.
It isn't an exercise that most physiotherapists recommend so its hard to get sympathy. I'm hoping ABH will strengthen my back and help, but in the mean time I'm relatively flexible in forward bending so the mobility isn't holding me back...
Still, any advice appreciated.
start with a lighter weight or unweighted, mate.
no need to make yourself suffer if it makes your back feel like that(right now) trust me, it goes away and stacks pretty quick
edit: along that vein, if Jeffersons make you feel like that, there could be a chance you can squeeze a little more benefit out of stiff leg windmills
KeilaniG said:start with a lighter weight or unweighted, mate.
no need to make yourself suffer if it makes your back feel like that(right now) trust me, it goes away and stacks pretty quick
edit: along that vein, if Jeffersons make you feel like that, there could be a chance you can squeeze a little more benefit out of stiff leg windmills
Good point, I will go back to the windmills and increase weight on those before focusing again on the son of jeffer
yeah, i started doin jefferson curls post mn/sl/sls days as added mobility and at first, it would make my back feel really good while stretching and during the day, sometimes in the following day, used to make me crampy in the lower and upper back.Amir Giles said:Good point, I will go back to the windmills and increase weight on those before focusing again on the son of jeffer
it goes away though, the cramps are good(if you know what you're doing)
I was a little bit confused about how easy these were as well. I expect to test mastery on the next movement as well when it comes up. Are the muscles we are using here completely different from the ab work we do with V-Ups and V straddle?