no results after 2 months of stretching

Started by twan, March 13, 2009 · 3 Replies · 6,150 Views

twan

I've been trying to make my hamstrings more flexible to aid my development in some exercises like l-sit, press handstands, etc...

The problem is I seem to be making no progress at all. I am stretching 4 times / week after my training sessions but I don't see any noticeable changes in my flexibility. I've even tried stretching every day, a couple of times a day (without warming up) but i see no progressions in my hamstring flexibility. I've never had good hamstring flexibility, but I would reallly like to adress this issue so I could learn to progress towards exercises like v-sit and press handstands.

Richard Duelley

2 months is not really that long when it comes to flexability.

What kind of stretches do you do and what are your hold durations/total stretch time each session?

The reason I ask is, for me at least, stretching is different from flexibility work, notice how I call it work.

To me stretching is a lot different than flexibility work. I stretch every day when I wake up but I only do flexibility work 2 times a week, sometimes 3 if I am feeling up to it. I stretch to warm up/down and work the kinks out in the morning but when I work flexibility its 30 - 60 minutes of very hard work that leaves me exhausted afterward (just like if I had a demanding gym session).

Terry

Get Relax into Stretch by Pavel Tsatsouline.

I'm also looking forward to Liquid Steel™ when it comes out to see what Coach recommends.

Coach Sommer

The amount of time spent stretching is not nearly as important as utilizing the correct movements and program structure. I would recommend that you try weighted pike stretches and Jefferson Curls in your training.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer