Back lever on the ground.

Started by Bryan Adams, March 13, 2009 · 5 Replies · 3,031 Views

Bryan Adams

I remember quite some time ago someone asked if a back lever on the ground was possible( somthing like a reverse planche).

I think most people responded that it wasn't but that some extreme hollowback handstands look similar.

In this video there are a couple of clips of b-boys doing very extreme hollowbacks that look similar to a back lever on the floor. Just thought that others might be interested in seeing the clips(0:35-46) :)

FknD5eVVdlY

sasquatch

Wow, that was an amazing video!

One guy did look like he was doing a upside down straddle planche.

Blairbob

Back and Front Lever are from a hang. Again, from a hang.

It would be interesting to think of a name for a hollowback. It's a support of a sort. Inverted planche?

Bryan Adams

ahh yes inverted planche makes more sense! I really couldn't think of a proper way to describe the position.

matthew.percussion

The skill that was being discussed was more like a manna. Different shoulder position.

It would be like taking a Victorian and pushing it up another foot.

A hollowback is simply a reverse planche from what I understand.

Coach Sommer

The position mentioned is a reverse planche with performed with bent elbows and extra wide arms. Both the bent elbows and the extra width combine to make the skill substantially easier.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer