This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Arch body rocks problems

Started by Nigel, December 16, 2013 · 18 Replies · 436 Views

Nigel

I'm starting week 7 of F1 level 2, and I'm finding the arch body rocks quite unpleasant. It's hard to lift my arms up, hard to breathe, awkward through the rocks (my rug on carpet over concrete floor may not be enough padding) and my male parts often end up squashed.

 

Does anyone have any tips?

thecolin
Nigel said:

and my male parts often end up squashed.

 

Does anyone have any tips?

 

Compression leggings helped me out. I do them on a foam mat on concrete, and with the leggings, nothing gets squished anymore. I think any kind of tight clothing will do wonders to keep the goods in place.

 

As far as not being able to breathe, do you mean from the cardio aspect of the move? Or that you find it physically hard when you're in that position?

Ravn

I find breathing easiest if inhale when the feet are near the ground and exhale when the chest is on the ground. Also keeps you from sucking in the dust and dog hairs  :)

 

Edit: Training in a relatively cold environment sometimes makes for, erhm, how do I put this gracefully, male shrinkage, that may sort of solve your problem.  :P

Murray Truelove

I'm not enjoying these one bit. I learnt to rock in FL:PE2 pretty easily but I've found this move difficult to learn; mostly because my junk hurts after a couple of rocks.

thecolin
Ravn said:

 

Edit: Training in a relatively cold environment sometimes makes for, erhm, how do I put this gracefully, male shrinkage, that may sort of solve your problem.  :P

I hadn't considered that! Extra motivation for me to master these before the end of winter!  :)

Guest

I used compression shorts. Excuse my vulgarity: before each set I would rear around my rear and in between my legs, grab my package, and then bring it back. Then I would close my legs so it couldn't come out, so to speak. Feels weird doing, fine on ABR though.

Mats Trane
Nigel said:

I'm starting week 7 of F1 level 2, and I'm finding the arch body rocks quite unpleasant. It's hard to lift my arms up, hard to breathe, awkward through the rocks (my rug on carpet over concrete floor may not be enough padding) and my male parts often end up squashed.

 

Does anyone have any tips?

What helped me with the ABR was not only to pull the head and but towards each other but also to concentrate on pushing/tensing your abs to the ground.

KingJR

For the male parts issue, I've just learned to properly space out my thighs really. The breathing the best technique I've found is the one Ravn mentioned: As your head comes up take a deep breath into your stomach to harden your abs, and then push it all out while squeezing your abs as the head comes down. I've been trying to conquer this one for a while now. Little by little!!

Ravn
Mats Trane said:

What helped me with the ABR was not only to pull the head and but towards each other but also to concentrate on pushing/tensing your abs to the ground.

Which head? Lol!

Mats Trane
Ravn said:

Which head? Lol!

The head above my shoulders. I dont have the pulling strenght in my lower head :)

Keilani Gutierrez

gymnast locker room talk xD

thecolin
Awarenesss said:

I used compression shorts. Excuse my vulgarity: before each set I would rear around my rear and in between my legs, grab my package, and then bring it back. Then I would close my legs so it couldn't come out, so to speak. Feels weird doing, fine on ABR though.

 

But did you put the lotion in the basket?

LateStarter@46

Enough!

Get back to training.

:-)

Ravn
thecolin said:

But did you put the lotion in the basket?

Wow, this just keeps getting better!

Keilani Gutierrez
LateStarter@46 said:

Enough!

Get back to training.

:-)

existential issues with PE's.

 

some women must hate these too. (on the chest side of the roll.)

LateStarter@46

^ you're not dragging me into this Keilani!

Time for a posh cup of tea and to let the riff raff carry on.

Keilani Gutierrez
LateStarter@46 said:

^ you're not dragging me into this Keilani!

Time for a posh cup of tea and to let the riff raff carry on.

ginger and spice for me please.
Nigel

Thanks for the help everyone. :D

Adam R. Durst

Just started these....feeling the pain!