Xtreme Rings with Straps in Carry On Baggage?

Started by crashnburn, December 16, 2013 · 8 Replies · 8,821 Views

crashnburn

Xtreme Rings with Straps in Carry On Baggage? 

 

A primary reason I got into Bodyweight Training and then GB was to decrease my dependence of Gyms/ Weights and equipment. 

 

Now, I might be on the road in the future, I am hoping this should not be an issue. 

 

I do not think it should be an issue, but you never know the TSA folks. 

 

Has anyone carried their Rings + Straps with them in Carry on Baggage? 

 

If so,.. 

 

- How? (was it packed)? 

- Where > to > Where ?

- Once/ Twice / Several Times / All the time? 

 

PS: 

TSA Banned Items list: I hope the rings etc do not match any of the following Categories? 

http://www.tsa.gov/traveler-information/prohibited-items

Jon Douglas

I've done this several times on international flights. Including in/out of Canada, Australia and Japan. Not to/ within the US though, shouldn't imagine a problem but i wouldn't dream of speaking for that lot, they made me take my thongs off to be scanned when leaving the country >.<

Alex Chubb

I travel with my rings all the time in America. Should be fine.

Zephyrus

Came back from Colombia with my rings; PVC parallettes did raise some questions though

crashnburn

I am wondering given Coach and some of the athletes and Trainers on GB Forums, travel for seminars etc. Do they not carry them around? No responses/ experiences from them? 

:huh:

 

Also, these Resistance Bands will also be part of the carry on. 

http://www.amazon.com/Black-Mountain-Products-Resistance-Exercise/dp/7245456313

 

Ok. I'd like to hear the detailed story here :P

Jon Douglas said:

I've done this several times on international flights. Including in/out of Canada, Australia and Japan. Not to/ within the US though, shouldn't imagine a problem but i wouldn't dream of speaking for that lot, they made me take my thongs off to be scanned when leaving the country >.<

 

Which airports do you typically fly in/ out of? 

I think the rings are fine. I was wondering if they could go a bit cuckoo on the "straps" and the "metal" thingy on the straps? 

Alex Chubb said:

I travel with my rings all the time in America. Should be fine.

Jon Douglas

The story is that it was a cheap laugh-- 'thongs' are the footwear often called 'flip flops' outside of Australia.

As long as you aren't walking on with the straps in your pockets I don't imagine thered be an issue with the metal pieces

Cody Sunk

I've been traveling with my rings and straps for 4 months already from US to China, China to Vietnam, through SE Asia and soon from Malaysia to Australia. My dad just flew out to visit me and brought two slacklines (one for me to take and one for him to use), and he didn't have any problems with the big metal bracket piece. There should be no problems and I've never been questioned except by people in my hostels who don't understand why I'd add the extra weight to my bag haha.

IcedDante

I flew with the exact brand of rings you are talking about and had no problem.

crashnburn

:) Thanks you all. I can confirm one more from my side. No issues. 

 

To give more insight - I packed the 2 rings flat on the bottom (length) of a Square-shaped Duffel bag. And wrapped the straps around the metal clips/ clamps and kept them in the center of the rings.

 

Clothes on top  of the rings and socks & boxers to the side walls of the bag. 

 

PS: I did get a hand swab residue test (1-2 minutes) but I think that was either random or because I mentioned I had some liquid medicines (TSA site says its better to declare those before they start screening).