This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

[Form check] FL/PE1

Started by BeanLion, December 14, 2013 · 9 Replies · 253 Views

BeanLion

Hi, I've recorded a few more videos and would like some feedback as really want to get my form nailed.

Here is my bent hollow body hold

After watching this I think my shoulders were not high enough so I tried again holding them higher

Thoughts?

Thanks

Guest

Hey there! Try to post all your form checks in one post, not four for each. It crowds up the forum a bit too much :)

 

Second one is much better. Do it with that form.

BeanLion

Thanks for the feedback. Next time I'll stick them all in the same post as well.

Thanks

Joakim Anderson

A way to find out if your FL/PE1 form is good is to do just two or three PE2 reps with it. If the rocks are smooth, your form is good for the static hold.

VegVeg

What you should really focus on is like 'gluing' your belly button to the floor, I mean pushing that area down and having no arch at all.

 

And from what I know [ correct me if I am wrong] having the spine as straight as possible while keeping no arch in the back is the ultimate purpose here so lower shoulders would be harder.

 

Another key idea in the hollow holds is pulling the neck back, as if you are making a 'fat face'.

There is a term for that but my English isn't quite there yet, I am sure someone here will better understand what I mean and will explain it further :D

 

 

http://gymnasticswod.com/content/hollow-body-progression-pt1

 

This video might be helpful too.

BeanLion

Hi, how do you think my form is coming on now?

Thanks

P5yx

 think it's to high now.

BeanLion

Haha, yeah I was thinking I seem a lot higher than the athlete. The trouble with the course video is it's from a weird angle so it's hard to judge what part of his back is on the floor and where it curves.

Though higher up is surely more difficult right? So lowering this I should be able to go for longer

Keegan Y

Try rocking. If you can rock smoothly, then you're good IMO (though as always I am not GB certified, so a GB certified athlete or Coach may advise otherwise).

Destiny

like you said, it's kinda tough to tell because of the angles but I think you could bring your legs in a bit? it looks like you start them pretty far away compared to the video which might make things harder and also be the reason why you have so much of your back off the floor. 

 

I think your 2nd vid in the first post looks good