This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WOD - 090312

Started by Coach Sommer, March 12, 2009 · 3 Replies · 1,235 Views

Coach Sommer

WOD%20-%20090311.jpg

Complete 3 sets each:

1 Embedded BL + 4 Front Lever Circle Pulls

1 Embedded PL + 5 Chest Roll HeSPUs

1 Embedded FL + 4 Windshield Wipers

Finish with 10 Bridge Wall Walks

notes:

1) Warm up pulling by performing a set of pull-ups, followed by a set of front lever pulls. The work performed should initially be quite easy and then get progressively more difficult from warm up set to warm up set.

2) Warm up pressing by performing a set of HeSPUs, followed by a set of negative Chest Rolls.

3) Choose an embedded static strength variation that allows you to hold for 5-10 seconds per rep.

4) If any of the prescribed movements are too difficult or too easy for the assigned repetition range, scale them accordingly with another movement from the same family. If necessary, increase the difficulty of the reps by decreasing the speed of the movement.

5) Rest 10-20 seconds between the embedded static and the subsequent exercise. Rest 2 minutes in between giant sets; a giant set is comprised of the embedded static and the subsequent exercise.

Nobodystopsdblob

Complete 3 sets each:

1 Embedded BL (full, but ugly, BL 10 count) + 4 Front Lever Circle Pulls (i feel like I did these wrong. Tucked)

1 Embedded PL (tucked 10 count) + 5 Chest Roll HeSPUs (did headstand RLLs)

1 Embedded FL (Advanced tuck 10 count)+ 4 Windshield Wipers (felt I was doing these wrong too)

Finish with 10 Bridge Wall Walks (skipped)

Jason Stein

3x:

Half-lay BL + 4 Front Lever Circle Pulls

Tuck PL + 5 Chest Roll HeSPU [assisted]

Half-lay FL + 4 windshield wipers

Blairbob

Made up this Wod on Monday night. Did some strap bar swings to warmup and then HS walking and hit about 20 feet which was twice what it has been lately. Did some HS press downs against a wedge mat and finished with some sets of bucket circles doing spindles and moores. Moores were actually better than a long time but this was on a mushroom and not a pommel horse on floor.

Back lever was in 1/2 lay. Tucked front lever circles didn't feel right on rings. Maybe I should have tried on a bar. I did them in a bent arm body lever version at diagonal.

Trying tuck planche and wouldn't even engage. Trying straight arm frog stand didn't either. I pulled out a swiss ball and parallettes and did a 10s planche lean instead. I managed some chest roll to HeSPU after warmup but not in the WOD at all. I tried AkraJen's barrel spotted version and I liked it a lot and had my boys do it today but it wasn't intense enough so I did chest roll push to headstand. Rep 4 of set 3 squashed my nose.

Wipers wouldn't even work so ended up doing 2-3s V holds on bar. Around the 10s mark, the ATFL felt like it was gonna pull my shoulders off.

Then I did the 3-16 WOD.