This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Adjusting Hand Position for MN, HLL Elements

Started by Eric Cohen, December 13, 2013 · 3 Replies · 123 Views

Eric Cohen

I ordered this set of stall bars http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008N3I93Q/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

 

Received it today and the top offset rung is quite a distance away, allowing the shoulders to push back too much.  I'm going to find someone with a drill press to modify the top rung to get it at a closer distance.  For the time being, would it be too much strain to use the top bar that is aligned with the others for HLL elements?

Joakim Anderson

Try it and see!

Niklas03

You could place a foam roller or a PVC pipe with the same dimensions at shoulder level to keep your shoulders in place.

 

This way you wouldn't have to mess with the stall bars and your imaginary friend keeps a small but sturdy push on your upper back at all times. Forever alone.

Eric Cohen
Niklas03 said:

You could place a foam roller or a PVC pipe with the same dimensions at shoulder level to keep your shoulders in place.

 

This way you wouldn't have to mess with the stall bars and your imaginary friend keeps a small but sturdy push on your upper back at all times. Forever alone.

Good idea!  I've got some pads and a foam roller laying around.  I can use some spare ties or ring straps to keep it in place while I do HLL then.