Two O'Neils in row

Started by Gregor, March 11, 2009 · 11 Replies · 3,342 Views

Gregor

GT10-MXVPAI

Alvaro

what about a progression for this in 6 months? :twisted: :wink:

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Gregor
omegant said:
what about a progression for this in 6 months? :twisted: :wink:

:shock: :shock: :shock:

I would never teach this my kids. And I will never start learning saltos backward on rings... It's not safe if you somwhere fuc*ed up :roll: :mrgreen: It's much more safer to do salto forward (jonnason, streched jonnason).

Gregor

6 month :arrow: never. Let's say couple of years with good coach and 3h in gym every day :wink: It's not for free E value :D

What about yang wei version :arrow: without shoulder dislocation :lol::lol:

Blairbob

I'd love to learn salto inside the rings one day but that would require making my ring swing bigger than it ever was and getting back to just a compulsory level ring swing.

Coach Sommer

Quite a combination. However, like Gregor, Guzoghy variations are skills that my athletes are not allowed to train. The long term trauma to the shoulder is quite severe with most practioners of this skill eventually requiring shoulder surgery.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Justin Rawley

I'm not a gymnast, but... Even if I were the best,

I wouldn't touch that with a 100 meter pole.

Alvaro

well this is a complete newbe question, :oops: , what is the hard part for the shoulders? when he is reaching the down portion of the turn with shoulders really open? if done the other side is safer?.

Thank you

Gregor

Yes and yes. Now they are forbiden for juniors.

Alvaro

Thank you!

John Sapinoso

A former teammate sent me a video of himself doing these. I don't like the skill one bit, too dangerous (especially at his age and level) and I even suggested training a different skill. I know the program where he trains, unless his coach gained significantly huge knowledge in prehab, flexibility and strength in a very short amount of time, I fear he will end up injuring his students. I feel morally obligated to ask, but slightly hindered for the sake not interfering: are there exercises and prep that I can tactfully suggest to lessen his chances of injury or should I just stay out of it?

Thank you.

Coach Sommer
ts00nami said:
are there exercises and prep that I can tactfully suggest to lessen his chances of injury

Regrettably, the answer is no. In all my years of coaching I have only observed TWO Guzoghys that were performed flawlesssly. In my opinion, all of the others were simply a shoulder damaging time-bomb waiting to explode.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer