Flairs and Circles: Progressing from mushroom to floor

Started by Markyz, December 12, 2013 · 7 Replies · 1,833 Views

Markyz

Hello to all,

 

I have recently started training circles along with a few flairs on the mushroom. Anyone know how long (or how many rounds) I should train this skill on the mushroom before I can do them smoothly on the floor?

 

I been training this skill the Bboy way for a long time. However, it doesn't help me since I drag and bend my legs giving me sloppy form.

Blairbob

Until they are nice and extended. Then work on a low mushroom or a mushroom inside a gymnastics donut or a pommel horse trainer like the EGE or a pommel horse buck.

DiTi

flares are good :)

Bipocni

Somewhere I read Coach say that he trains his athletes to develop the flair on the floor.  As in, they start their development from the floor from day one.

Markyz
Bipocni said:

Somewhere I read Coach say that he trains his athletes to develop the flair on the floor.  As in, they start their development from the floor from day one.

No luck on the floor, I tend to bruise my heel and ankle once I get to 3/4 of the flair. I'm hoping to develop better technique and height training on the mushroom.

keithbearne

I believe floor is the way to go as well, Mushroom will let you dip below the level of the floor and then you have to pick it up afterwords, just learn it the high way in the beginning.

 

The problem is not the floor, it's your technique, especially if you are slamming your foot on the ground. post a video if you want some feedback

Markyz
keithbearne said:

I believe floor is the way to go as well, Mushroom will let you dip below the level of the floor and then you have to pick it up afterwords, just learn it the high way in the beginning.

 

The problem is not the floor, it's your technique, especially if you are slamming your foot on the ground. post a video if you want some feedback

Unfortunately I don't have a good camera to upload a video. However, I think my problem is that I'm unable to swing my torso/hips high. I don't know how Pro Gymnast and Bboys get it up (looks like a manna in the front)

 

Like this guy:

Markyz

And this guy (last example):