This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Another PL / PPPu form check video ! woo. (and a cat)

Started by VegVeg, December 12, 2013 · 12 Replies · 373 Views

VegVeg

Hey all, so I've tried killing completely any pike on the PL, and really juicing out the PPPu, tell me what you think about the general looks of it, of course more work will be needed to make it smooth for mastery level.

 

Yes I am aware that it's kinda hard to see, small room ;c

even made funny faces for your amusement guys :)

looks like embed feature isn't working??? [ how do you embed here? will edit later :P ]

 

HBP PE 3 (doing it with pointed toes, it s hard to see)

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YkyX2g0tVo

 

 

PL one

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qi3wsn63IWs

 

 

PL two 

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCffBhANKQE



 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

and a cat.






muscle-cat.jpeg

thecolin

It looks like you lose protraction as soon as you lean and you also look like you are shaking quite a bit almost instantly. How was your mastery on the previous element?

VegVeg
thecolin said:

It looks like you lose protraction as soon as you lean and you also look like you are shaking quite a bit almost instantly. How was your mastery on the previous element?

Well the shaking is something that I have most of my life, even had an appointment for a neurologist but they kept postponing it until I gave up lol...

I achieved the previous one without much shaking tho, pretty solid on that.

 

 

My main question is tho, does the line of my body look O.K.? Because I really had to focus on like dropping my whole bottom part of my body to kill any piking that might pop up as the lean gets tough.

Mark Collins

On the PPP your shoulders moved up and back so it looks like you loose the lean at the top. You can see the wrists were not in line with your belt line. I am having the same problem. Also try starting the movement from the Planche lean with no rest at the bottom. You look close to getting mastery so keep up the good work.

B1214N

Your body is piked and arched in the PPPs and your body line is not really straight in the planche leans due to too much sagging of the hips. It also doesn't look like it has full protraction. In the PPPs, starting at the bottom with all your weight on the floor before the concentric is actually harder than doing it the traditional way, but you pike before you push up which defeats the purpose.

Adriano Augusto

A lot of work to do my friend, a lot.

In PPP you've to start in a pl position and then back and down without resting on the floor at all. I can't see your scapula but seems retracted and you're sunk on them. You're pike at the hips a lot when you go up, so there aren't any body tension or hollow; planche leans and time will fix it.

PPP are just a PU on a PL position, so you better work a lot on planche leans and scapula protracted and depressed understanding. You are doing so many reps with a lot of rest; don't build bad habits or bad reps, build slowly from week 1 to 4 again and again; you can't add volume with your actual form.

As for your planche leans, you have more work because they are essential. You have your hips soooo low! Almost like if you hadn't legs :D lift those hips more and create more tension along the whole body. You're sunken at your scapula on this too, so you better spent your time in adding form and not volume, and by form I mean scapula things. Push the floor with your hands to implicate traps and scapula protracted and depressed.

You're at the very first step both ppp and pl, so build good habits!

Good luck my friend. Record yourself a lot (better angles would be better) and keep working.

thecolin
VegVeg said:

Well the shaking is something that I have most of my life, even had an appointment for a neurologist but they kept postponing it until I gave up lol...

I achieved the previous one without much shaking tho, pretty solid on that.

 

The brain is a mysterious thing, I had something similar with a shaking leg when I was born, then it just disappeared on it's own. The neurologists at the time had no idea either.

 

While it may be impossible to not shake, I guess you should just try a keep it to a minimum, whatever that means for your individual situation.

 

Can you maybe film yourself outside to get a wider angle?

VegVeg

Ouch strong grilling :D

 

More cues the better tho, so thanks for replies.

 

 

I tried fixing some of the things that you mentioned, and here is the result...

 

 

Better? What should I do to improve? What should I focus on mentally? Because I can't see myself during the exercise , except from 'trying to push the shoulders together' are there other tips??

 

 

I noticed that my feet are acting up a lot without me even noticing it !

 

 

I've turned it into a  playlist for convenience ( PL and PPP in it )

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hML8j5R9x5A&list=PLi6bGgCg20Lqh_P0aOIo5e7d6TMjlyR21

 

 

May any contributor be blessed 

Mark Collins

Looks better, but the top position still needs more lean at the top.

emilianop

Hey VegVeg,

 

  looks like, after the first push you consistently losing protraction, you can see the scapula's inferior angle and medial border sticking out from the profile of your upper back.

Not sure if it helps, but to me it's good to check my profile on the mirror and be sure that I can spot the central part of my spine being above the entirety of my scapula profile.

 

VegVeg

Hey thanks for replies sorry for delay I've been abroad .

 

well it seems like I don't really notice myself losing protraction , and while trying it now just moving my hands protracted and mimicking the movement it just "doesn't feel right", perhaps because of my crooked spine?

 

Maybe I should add some exercise to strengthen my protraction?? What would you recommend? would 1 handed shrugs make sense?

Adriano Augusto

Yeah, a lot of planche leans to proper scapular engagement :D 

 

Top of PPP is a Planche Lean, so to have better scapula protraction-depression first you've to do a ton of planche leans to feel it. And then you'll feel it too while PPP.

 

Good luck!

Mark Collins
VegVeg said:

Hey thanks for replies sorry for delay I've been abroad .

 

well it seems like I don't really notice myself losing protraction , and while trying it now just moving my hands protracted and mimicking the movement it just "doesn't feel right", perhaps because of my crooked spine?

 

Maybe I should add some exercise to strengthen my protraction?? What would you recommend? would 1 handed shrugs make sense?

The scapula shrug, forearm plank, plank and one arm plank should have developed the serratus anterior like nothing else. When you did these exercises did you feel a lot of fatigue deep in the shoulder under the scapula? If not you may have done these exercises without the the full protraction, which would mean the serratus anterior lacks strength at end range.

It also could be a lack of motor control as the PPP is a higher level exercise that has many things to focus on. It could be as simple as being aware of the lack of protraction and really focusing on getting the protraction as your elbows straighten.