This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Posting Videos without Youtube

Started by RJS, December 12, 2013 · 7 Replies · 218 Views

RJS

Sorry if this is a dumb question, are we able to post videos without a public Youtube channel?

I dont want a public video on youtube.

Is it as simple as attaching a .mov file from computer using the button below thag says "attach file"?

Im tired, on graveyard shift, probably dumb question.

Jon Douglas

YouTube's 'unlisted' setting is my default; only those with the link can view.

Murray Truelove

You could also try vimeo and set a password.

Joshua Slocum

Unlisted youtube videos are the way to go. You can attach a video file to your post, but then people have to download it to watch it, which is annoying.

RJS

Alright, will set up an account and give it a try. Thanks folks

Jacqui Collins

I'm trying to add a you tube link, but it's just a file link. How do I make it come up automatically in the feed

Destiny
Jacqui Collins said:

I'm trying to add a you tube link, but it's just a file link. How do I make it come up automatically in the feed

post the youtube URL into [ youtube ] [ /youtube ] tags

 

I did your video as an example. if you quote my post you can see the exact way it is formatted

 

Jacqui Collins

Thanks destiny :)