This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

A little elbow pain...

Started by Bill Clarke, December 11, 2013 · 3 Replies · 187 Views

Bill Clarke

Yesterday when I was doing the iM for FL: PE2 (table), I got some elbow pain on my 3rd set. I massaged my forearm with a lacrosse ball and did a little bicep and tricep stretching, which helped relieve the pain. Not 100%, but I'd say 90% of it (it's fine now). Is there a common form error that could be the reason for some elbow pain during this exercise? If so, does anyone have any tips to prevent this pain? If it's helpful at all, I have not-so-grand mobility and I get a stretch in my pecs, shoulders and biceps during the table exercise (plus a little cramping in the posterior deltoid in the later sets).

Coach Sommer

It sounds as though you have a tight brachialis.  My advice is to ease into the full table positions gradually over the next few weeks to give your elbows time to acclimate to this new stress.

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Ravn

Yes, that sounds familiar, but it should pass in time. Just ease into over a few weeks, like Coach says.

 

In addition, DOMS from the previous session can easily aggravate the uncomfortable sensation that that the table stretch produces.

Bill Clarke

Thanks Coach! I'll ease into it, and I'll add a few light bicep stretches.

Racn, I haven't had much DOMS from F1 except in my rear deltoids and spinal erectors (from arch holds). I'll keep that in mind though! Thanks