Stall bar out of a squat stand and elastic bands.

Started by Prometheus, December 11, 2013 · 2 Replies · 3,301 Views

Prometheus

Sure. Sorry I didn't post pictures, but I am in final exams and have to deal with getting a new kitten to not be swatted by the older one which is a lot more work than I thought it would be. Someone asked in my personal mail so I figured I could post the response here until I get pics ups.

 

Basically, I have a "Rogue Fitness S-2 squat stand" (http://www.roguefitness.com/s2-squat-stand.php) and "Monster bands." I have green and black. "#3 RF Light - Green 1 1/8"  and    #4 RF Average - Black 1 3/4". (http://www.roguefitness.com/rogue-monster-bands.php)

 

This set up can work on other machines granted they have J-cups. If they do, all you need are the bands. 4 black bands should be enough (I weigh 150lbs/68kg).

 

I take the "J-cups with UHMW plastic liner" (what hold a bar when you are not using them, but I have no bar) and I make them face the opposite way on opposite sides. In other words, there will be a J-cup on the left-posterior side, facing posterior. The second J-cup will be on the right-anterior side facing anterior.

 

I take an elastic band and put it on the left-posterior J-cup, and wrap it so the band goes lateral and external to the squat stand and then bring it slightly superior (by 3-5 cm) and anterior. Then pull across to the other J-cup and loop it around. The 'looping' is nothing more than putting it on, since the bands are tight. Do this with 4 bands. 2 bands (one green and one black) will work, but you might not be as in-line at times with the bands have the most stress (which is when Coach would not approve). With 4 black bands, this should solve the problem for many (likely not all if you weigh significantly more).

 

I weigh 150 lbs now (68kg).

 

 

If you are light enough then this will be a time saver, space saver, and convience.

 

 

 

Also of note: If you get a steel bar you can also put it inside of the holes and just put a pad on it and it will be in line with the bar atop.

Brian Cerasuolo

So this would require 4 black bands and 8 jcups? Or am I understanding this wrong? Because both the black bands and the J-cups are pretty expensive. I have 1 black band, and 1 green band and 1 PAIR of jcups for the S2 right now, and I only weigh 120lbs. But I'm not able to picture how your getting this to happen :(