This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

RC/PE6 grip width

Started by twan, December 11, 2013 · 12 Replies · 327 Views

twan

Hi everyone,

 

What is the shoulder width you should use with this exercise ? I assume it's shoulder width ?

twan

Aditionnally, do you need to focus on retraction or not ?

Joshua Slocum

Use approximately shoulder width, perhaps a bit wider. 

 

Focus on depression.

Christian
Joshua Slocum said:

Focus on depression.

No need, you will be depressed any way you try.

Alessandro Mainente

be sure to not squeeze your elbows on the lats to make the hold easier.

Joshua Slocum
Christian said:

No need, you will be depressed any way you try.

You'll get better long-term results if you view your weaknesses as an opportunity for growth rather than as an excuse for feeling self-pity. 

Christian

No self pity here. Just a love of word games :-)

LateStarter@46

Where are you meant to be feeling it (the effort, not the depression!)?

I have been feeling it just in the forearms but that can't be right :-(

Joshua Slocum

You will feel it in whichever part of you is the weak link! The forearms will be working hard to maintain your grip, the biceps will be firing some to maintain elbow flexion, and the lats and upper back will be working quite hard to keep your elbows down. 

Stephen Majerle

In addition to feeling it in my biceps and forearms, as my sets progress into the 36 second range and beyond I also feel it in my abdominals. Is that normal? I feel like I am tensing my entire body in a hollow position as I am hanging there.

Jon Douglas

Meet the upper body arch hold :D

SCM , totally normal. If it becomes.too uncomfortable call off the set of course, but that's not unusual

Ravn
LateStarter@46 said:

Where are you meant to be feeling it (the effort, not the depression!)?

I have been feeling it just in the forearms but that can't be right :-(

I think you're meant to feel it in your ego.

 

 

Jon Douglas said:

Meet the upper body arch hold :D

 

Break out the sea sickness pills, this one's causing nausea  :wacko:  :blink:

Sascha Faltinger

i expected lots of work for lats and biceps.

i fail because my upper abs start to burn. really wondering but its ok.