This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Bhr and Pushup form

Started by Kris, December 11, 2013 · 11 Replies · 319 Views

Kris

Hello,

 

I began with PPP ( for Hbp work) but i find it too bad, so i did one step back and now i work on PE2

 

My form-tempo is it correct ?  ( i'm shoudler protracted and depressed)

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3GV59HSuaU

 

Bent hollow rock : i had so much difficulty with this element (difficulty with feeling the rock movement, until i saw a post on F1, say lift glutes/shoulders, he helped me a lot ), now i think the movement is good ..

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMpiemL7ZDo

 

Thanks for check

Adriano Augusto

I'll give you my imput.

 

HBP/PE2: I would lower more the hips to the floor, because you seem a little pike at the hips. Also, go chest to floor. Seriously, that few inches are horrible with the volume and of course have more carryover to PPP and HBP. 

 

FL/PE2: I'd say that you use a lot your legs to create more momentum and I don't know if this is quite right. One of the problems on this movement is if you don't have a flexible lumbar spine it is more difficult actually rocks back and forth because the lower back is flat. Besides this I see good form overall.

 

;)

KibboKift

Your pushups look good. Nice straight body and shoulder movement. Try and go that extra inch and touch your chest to the floor though. You might find this tough at first if you're not used to it, but you'll soon be back to where you were.

 

I think you are having a similar problem to what I had with BHR. You will notice that when you come to the point in your rock at which your head is closest to the ground, your trunk stops abruptly and your legs keep moving. Then you bounce back onto the next rep with the kip from your legs. This is a symptom of your back starting to arch under load. What you need is stronger (and perhaps a greater degree of) compression, so that your lower back stays flat (or even slightly convex) at all times. You'll then find your rocks are a lot smoother and your legs will only move a little relative to the rest of your body.

 

I'm trying to fix this by re-visiting BHBH. This time I am actively pushing my lower back into the ground by tensing my abs very hard. It's quite a bit harder this way, but I know that when I come back to BHR in January they'll be a lot stronger.

 

Hope this helps!

Kris

Thanks Adriano.

 

So for HBP/PE2, need a little more ROM and specially in hips location, i'll try to fix that !

 

FL/PE2 : Another review could be interesting... regarding my low back flexibility, i can all IM of FL/F1 without problem an some of F2 too..

Keilani Gutierrez

Kris, if PPP were too rough on you and thats your current HBP/pe2, did you master PE1 with its iM?

IcedDante

Keilani- curious why would you think that wasn't the case?

Kris

This afternoon i recorded some videos !

 

KeilaniG > Yes , i did the mastery +IM but my support was a bit more hight than the F1 demonstration...

 

I did some pushup with more rom (chest to floor) :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mn3zJBWq_2s&feature=youtu.be

 

Also i tried some PE1 with a lower support, maybe i need to work on that for 5x15... ? :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvkNuZc5oYI

 

Bhr with more "rigid body" and less kip legs, look a bit better... ! :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5c-0vYBsXAI

 

For finish some FLPE6... better feeling than PE2 ( the rock movement feel here more natural i found) !!https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKHP32mBaWY

Adriano Augusto

HBP/PE2: Far better in ROM aspect, you feel something on those few inches? It's completely different to not go chest to the floor.

 

 I notice something weird on your form and because of the language I can't say what it is, but I'll try. It's like if when you go up you lift first your lower body (glutes and legs) and then the torso. I mean, I can't see you as a BLOCK that goes up and down in one piece. It's subtle but I can see it.

 

F1 notes says that for RC/PE1 you've to set the bat hip heigh and you are far lower than that, it doesn't neccesary IMHO.

 

FL/PE2: Looks much better, more solid, more one piece glued together (maybe a clue to what I said to you on HBP/PE2).

 

FL/PE6 looks good too.

Keilani Gutierrez
IcedDante said:

Keilani- curious why would you think that wasn't the case?

difficulty on an inclined pushup can be greatly influenced by support height, which is why i was curious. i changed heights 3 times now, to get more controlled reps :)

Kris
Adriano Flo:

 

HBPPE2: In term of strenght, chest to floor is not a problem.

 

I absolutely understand what do you mean for "not one piece pushup" ( one of my friend tell me the same problem). This is my main problem. I tried to contract more my glutes for locked my hips, but if you saw a bad movement i need to fix it again. 

 

I dont know why i do this bad movement, i think too much years with bad body shape gave  me bad habit.

 

FLPE2/PE6 : i'm very happy :)
Adriano Augusto

Yeah Kris, maybe is bad posture, maybe not. In any way, needs to be fixed and it doesn't take too much time, it just a matter of body awareness and body tension. Besides, you'll need that body tension even more on PPP, I guarantee you.

 

Keep progress ;)

Keilani Gutierrez

another note: I noticed that your wrists arent under your shoulders, they're a bit back. sometimes i do this after being on an inclination for so long, perhaps if you stand directly over your pushups will change a bit(perhaps that last bit to give you incentive to drop to the floor between each reps). what do you think?