Soreness in left hip flexor

Started by Jerry Mangona, December 11, 2013 · 2 Replies · 1,762 Views

Jerry Mangona

Most likely from cycling and running overuse. I've stopped all cardio for two weeks but there is still some lingering soreness.

Massage and trigger point offer relief. Stretching it via yoga warrior pose makes it feel more sore after the stretch. But then it subsides.

Am I making it worse by stretching? Should I cease stretching til pain free?

Jerry Mangona

I should add that the soreness is a dull soreness, at level of 1-2 out of 10, except when at full extension where it as 2-3.

Christoph

I had problems with hip flexor because I trained for Manna but wasn't ready for it - hadn't done HLRs for long time. I didn't stretch then, or anything which felt uncomfortable. Instead I waited a while and then I trained the hip flexors, but very easy going - 15 repetition or so, which felt easy; augmenting resistance very slowly . And that fixed it completely.