This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

[Form Check] Forearm plank. Are my hips tucked in and back curled?

Started by Nash, December 10, 2013 · 2 Replies · 182 Views

Nash

Hello,

 

The way I'm tucking in my hips is by pushing my tailbone down (by tilting my pelvis).  As for curling my back, I keep a constant pull-away of my shoulders from their sockets; as if I want to disconnect them from my body  :evil:

 

The video is the last set of 5x60.

 

Mastery?

 

Thank you in advance for any feedback.

 

Daniel Burnham

looks pretty good.  There looks to be a bend in your knees but I think it is just the camera angle.  Also remember not to just tuck the butt but to also keep it tight.  There are no instances in gymnastic straight body movements that I can think of where the butt should not be tight.  Tightening the butt and pushing hard through the shoulders cover about 90% of any of the straight body planche progressions.

 

Im also not sure what you mean but a pull away from your shoulders.  Do you mean you are protracting very hard or moving the weight backwards.  The first is fine the second is not.  You should be protracted but there is no need to feel shoulder instability.

Nash

Thank you so much Daniel. Great tips.

> Im also not sure what you mean but a pull away from your shoulders.

Basically, I'm holding the end position of a scapular shrug pulling the shoulder blades apart.

Is this fine?