This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Using False Grip when doing rows for RC= bad idea?

Started by Dan Jeong, December 9, 2013 · 3 Replies · 174 Views

Dan Jeong

So I was doing RC PE2 today which was quite easy for me, so I decided to use false grip to make this movement more challenging. I was thinking why not develop false grip strength at the same time.

Is this a bad idea?

 

ps. the reason I was doing really easy movement was because I just started with the Foundation One and I am still trying to find the right exercise for me to start with. 

KingJR

 I actually feel false grip makes these easier...

Dan Jeong
KingJR said:

 I actually feel false grip makes these easier...

Regular PE2 and False grip PE2 were both pretty easy for me so I did not notice any difference at that time but you may be right.

TANSTAAFL

I would alternate sets when you do these, just to make sure you get the regular grip in as well. It seems for some the false grip is easier with the rows. I was the same as it is slightly easier to make it to the chest at the top of the pull. False grip becomes ridiculously harder when moving to pull ups in my expeirence.

 

So, to get back around, just make sure you can do mastery with regular grip keeping in mind it's a littler harder to pull to the chest at the top.